Membership Cancellation Policy
Memberships must be cancelled in person, email, mail, or fax. You may cancel your membership at any time by coming to the Y, filling out a cancellation form, and turning in your membership card(s). Members who want to ensure that their membership fee will not be withdrawn from their account must cancel by the 25th of the prior month. Memberships paid in full are non refundable.
Mail: 3515 16th St SW, Minot, ND 58701
Monthly Bank Draft Policy
Payments will be deducted at midnight on the 1st of each month and cover a calendar month. The membership will AUTOMATICALLY RENEW each month and if you wish to terminate or change your membership in any way, you must give a written notice/cancellation by the 25TH OF THE PREVIOUS MONTH. All dues are non-refundable.
Should your bank or credit card for any reason not honor your membership draft; it is your responsibility for that payment plus any service fees applied for the Y, your bank, or your credit card company. You are also responsible to check your statements on a regular basis to make sure the membership rate being withdrawn is correct.
The Y at it's discretion of the Board of Directors may adjust membership rates. You will receive a 30 day written notice prior to any change.
Enrollment Fee Policy
The enrollment fee is a contribution to the building and grounds fund. The fee is paid upon membership sign-up and will only be charged once except in the case of a lapse in membership. As a thank you to military and public service personnel, the Minot Family YMCA provides NO enrollment fee for all personnel who provide proof of service at time of sign up.
Any person may become a member of the Minot Family YMCA with such provisions as may be established by the Board of Directors. Membership shall continue until terminated by the member of this association. The Y will provide the necessary forms for application and will annually renew a membership card to each member in good standing
Sex Offender Screening Policy
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests daily. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
The Minot Family YMCA, it's agents, representatives and employees are not responsible for any damages or claims that you or your family members may incur, as well as all claims or demands for damages, loss or injuries at the Minot Family YMCA or it's programs.
Code of Conduct
The Minot Family YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are in our facility or participating in our programs.
We expect persons using the Y to behave in a mature and responsible way and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our code of conduct does not permit language or any action that can hurt or frighten another person or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct. Specifically, this includes:
Inappropriate attire; Appropriate attire must be worn at all times for the activity. Other than in the pool area and locker rooms, shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. Offensive wording on shirts or accessories fall under this area. Appropriate attire falls under the discretion of the staff.
Angry or vulgar language including swearing, name calling, or shouting.
Physical contact with another person in any angry or threatening way.
Any demonstration of sexual contact or activity.
Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any other menacing behavior.
Theft or behavior, which results in destruction of property.
Carrying or concealing any weapons or devices or objects, which way be used as weapons.
Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol in or on the Y property at the Y sponsored programs
Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature i.e. interrupting fitness classes or other structured work by non-participants
Loitering is not permitted in or outside the Y. The Y and its property is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not permitted on the Y property.
Members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety and ask any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain. If a member or guest feels uncomfortable in confronting the person directly, he or she should report the behavior to a staff person.
Members or guests should not hesitate to notify a staff person if assistance is needed.
All reported incidents will be reviewed by Executive Management. The decision to suspend or terminate the Y membership privileges will be made at the discretion of Executive Management if a violation of the Code of Conduct has occurred.
Nationwide Membership Policy
General Member Policies
• The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please lock up any items of value while in the facility. All lost items will be kept for 2 weeks and then donated to goodwill.
• The YMCA facility and it's grounds are a Tobacco free zone.
• Profanity will not be tolerated in any area of the YMCA
• All locks left on any day use lockers will be cut off each night and the items will be brought to the service desk and held for 2 months until donated to good will. In the case that a member abandons a rented locker, the items will be brought to the front desk and the owner will be contacted and given 2 months to retrieve their items. After this time, the items will be donated to good will.
• It is the responsibility of every individual, their parent or guardian, to provide their own accident and health insurance coverage while participating in all YMCA activities. The Minot Family YMCA does not provide accident or health coverage for it's participant.
• All children 8 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an individual at least 16 years old while attending the YMCA.
• Video recorders, cameras, or any other visual recording devices are not allowed withing the YMCA without the express consent of the YMCA Staff.
• To protect members and guests from unauthorized photos, Cell phone use is banned within the locker rooms, swimming pool, and the swimming pool observation area.