All of us at the Y want to say THANK YOU for your continued support. We miss hearing the "welcome" when someone scans their card, the constant chatter in our hallways, the beeping of exercise equipment in our Training Center, the bouncing of basketballs in our gym, and most importantly, seeing the smiling faces of our members, guests, volunteers, and staff.
During this closure, we will continue to provide updates and information directly to staff, members and participants via email. We will also be posting information to our website and social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Mobile App.
We know you still have a lot of questions. We do too. All of us at the Y are grateful for the outpouring support many of you have expressed. We are committed to doing everything possible to secure the future of the YMCA, and all its services, as these uncertain times continue. Closure of any length of time represents a significant threat to our non-profit organization.
We cannot express the potentially devastating impact extensive cancellations could have. We know the Y is an extension of your family and we remain honored and committed to serving you, just as we have served this community for the last 76 years.
Here are some new updates we can share with you.
• As this situation has evolved, unfortunately our expected re-opening date has changed. We are currently set to re-open as soon as we are able to after the executive order placed by the governor is lifted. Currently the executive order states to remain closed until April 30th. The governor may reassess this decision and it is possible he may extend beyond this date. We will continue to keep you informed as new information becomes available.
• We are involved in a task force that will set protocols for re-opening businesses safely in our community. As we see businesses re-opening there may be restrictions in place. If we do re-open with restrictions we will continue to keep you informed.
• We will be opening our phone lines on Monday, April 20th only from 8AM-5PM to answer any questions you may have. If you would like to call in, please call 701-852-0141.
• A handful of our staff have been hard at work preparing for the return of our members and guests. Alongside member wellness checks, online communications, alternate exercise options, kids activities, and the like; we have also been committed to deep cleaning, performing maintenance, renovating, and more. We are excited for you all to come and see the changes we have made upon your return!
• We have unfortunately made the decision to cancel pre-school for the remainder of the year. Participants pre-school teacher will be in touch with options.
• Currently we are still planning on hosting all future programming beginning in May. All programs are dependent upon the national and local mandates issued as those dates approach. In the case that we do cancel any future programs, participants will be contacted about refund options.
• Those who were enrolled in the following Y programming: In-Y Day Care, Girls 3-6 Grade Basketball, Swim Lessons, and Itty Bitty Sports have two choices: you can consider your program fees a donation to the Y’s ongoing mission to serve community or take a credit toward future programming in the 2020 calendar year. Please email our Director of Program Services, Tia, at email@example.com to opt-in to credits by May 6th.
• We understand that our closing affects many of our members who have financial obligations; and we are willing to work to find the best solution for YOU! We are still planning to automatically draft in May, and since our system has already drafted for April, we have a few options for you to choose from:
You can consider the pro-rated amount from our closure as a donation to the Y. If this is your choice – thank you. No actions are necessary, but if you would like a contribution letter, please email our Membership Director, Cody, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will place your membership on hold and refund your April fees. This means that your account will not be drafted until we reopen, at which time any fees for the rest of the month will be pro-rated and charged to your account. You can contact our Membership Director, Cody, at email@example.com by May 6th to inquire about this option.
You may also opt-in for membership credits or contribution letters if you would rather, more information on these optional programs is located here. You can contact our Membership Director, Cody, at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 6th to inquire about this option.
If you do wish to cancel your membership until further notice we will take care of that for you as well! However, once we do re-open, if you would like to sign back up for a membership you are able to do so without paying the enrollment fee for up to 30 days after your cancellation. You can contact our Membership Director, Cody, at email@example.com by April 25th to inquire about this option.
• To view our previous COVID-19 Update released on March 19th, click here.
• To view our previous COVID-19 Update released on April 2nd, click here.
• For more information on free virtual programming, view our Virtual Fitness blog post here.
We are asking everyone to follow the guidance of local health and government agencies, as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines and take your own measures to protect yourselves, including not putting yourselves in situations with large crowds or where you come in close contact with others, staying home if you do not feel well, frequently washing your hands with soap and water and covering your coughs and sneezes.
We will continue to work with the health department and local physicians to determine what other actions, if any, would be prudent on our part and when it will be safe to reopen our facilities.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this evolving and challenging situation. We look forward to returning to business as usual as soon as possible.