We deeply appreciate your understanding and patience as we navigate the challenging circumstances related to the Coronavirus. We are all operating in unknown territory right now, and we are working as quickly as we can to keep you updated and address your questions.
During this closure, we will continue to provide updates and information directly to staff, members and participants via email. We will also be posting information to our website and social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Mobile App.
We know you still have a lot of questions. We do too. All of us at the Y are grateful for the outpouring support many of you have expressed. We are committed to doing everything possible to secure the future of the YMCA, and all its services, as these uncertain times continue. Closure of any length of time represents a significant threat to our non-profit organization.
We cannot express the potentially devastating impact extensive cancellations could have. We know the Y is an extension of your family and we remain honored and committed to serving you, just as we have served this community for the last 76 years.
Here are some new updates we can share with you.
• As this situation has evolved, unfortunately our expected re-opening date has changed. We are currently set to re-open as soon as the executive order placed by the governor is lifted. Currently the executive order states to remain closed until April 20th. On April 15th, the governor will reassess this decision and it is possible he may extend beyond this date. We will continue to keep you informed as new information becomes available.
• We have made the hard decision to cancel our Boys 3-6 Grade Boys Basketball League set to start April 4th - May 9th. We will be issuing refunds if a system credit is not requested.
• We have also cancelled our April 3rd-4th Lifeguard Certification course, our April 11th Lifeguard Recertification Course, and our April 18th CPR Certification Course. Participants will be contacted about alternative options and refunds.
• Our ongoing programming, such as Preschool, has been temporarily suspended. This means that we did not charge participants for the month of April. And barring any other changes to our opening date, we will restart the program in May. The preschool instructor will be in contact with all participants as new updates become available.
• Currently we are still planning on hosting all future programming beginning after April 20th. All programs are dependent upon the national and local mandates issued as those dates approach. In the case that we do cancel any future programs, participants will be issued their choice of a system credit or refund.
• Those who were enrolled in the following Y programming: In-Y Day Care, Girls 3-6 Grade Basketball, Swim Lessons, and Itty Bitty Sports have two choices: you can consider your program fees a donation to the Y’s ongoing mission to serve community or take a credit toward future programming in the 2020 calendar year. Please email our Director of Program Services, Tia, at email@example.com to opt-in to credits by April 30th.
• We understand that our closing affects many of our members who have financial obligations; and we are willing to work to find the best solution for YOU! Since our system has already drafted for April, we have a few options for you to choose from:
You can consider the pro-rated amount from our closure as a donation to the Y. If this is your choice – thank you. No actions are necessary, but if you would like a contribution letter, please email our Membership Director, Cody, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will place your membership on hold and refund your April fees. This means that your account will not be drafted until we reopen, at which time any fees for the rest of the month will be pro-rated and charged to your account. You can contact our Membership Director, Cody, at email@example.com by April 17th to inquire about this option.
You may also opt-in for membership credits or contribution letters if you would rather, more information on these optional programs is located here: https://www.ymcaminot.org/post/covid-19-update. You can contact our Membership Director, Cody, at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about this option.
If you do wish to cancel your membership until further notice we will take care of that for you as well! However, once we do re-open, if you would like to sign back up for a membership you are able to do so without paying the enrollment fee for up to 30 days after your cancellation. You can contact our Membership Director, Cody, at email@example.com by April 25th to inquire about this option.
• To view our previous COVID-19 Update released on March 19th, please visit: https://www.ymcaminot.org/post/covid-19-update.
• For access to free virtual programming, you may visit the following sites:
YMCA 360: Your Virtual YMCA
Virtual On-Demand of YMCA health & fitness videos.
LesMills at Home Workouts
Temporary access to 100+ workouts.
Life Fitness Digital Coach
Access new On-Demand, at home workouts every day.
We are asking everyone to follow the guidance of local health and government agencies, as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines and take your own measures to protect yourselves, including not putting yourselves in situations with large crowds or where you come in close contact with others, staying home if you do not feel well, frequently washing your hands with soap and water and covering your coughs and sneezes.
We will continue to work with the health department and local physicians to determine what other actions, if any, would be prudent on our part and when it will be safe to reopen our facilities.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this evolving and challenging situation. We look forward to returning to business as usual as soon as possible.